5/27/07

A brief introduction into "The Pair"

Detroit

Where I met Detroit is not important, my attraction to him is what makes me so crazy. Writing this I see now, he should probably not even be a spare, he should not be in the running, but something keeps me there. I will promise to follow the rules from this day on though, so maybe it will get better, maybe not.



I met a former Detroiter,Detroit is 26, a cancer , he is a whirlwind of mystery. I don't want to call him a bad boy, because he is not... but on the same hand one of the first things I remeber is him telling me he has been fired from every job he has ever had lol, I know what you are thinking. ..He is irresponsible. Not really, here me out. Now Detroit owns a construction company, he does pretty well for himself and he is a drummer in a band. He is 5'8, thin and muscular, very quite and I can tell from looking at him, that it is going to take a lot to even crack his code, but I am up for the challange.



Our first date:

I met Detroit at the West End for dinner. I believe it was an instant attraction, the chemistry was starting to develop. We closed the restaurant. We walked together, him to the train, me to my apartment (one block away). There was some awkwardness, the wierd hug/handshake/pat on the back, and like always he left me with some kind of mysterious feeling I had no idea where it would go... I still don't. That same night, I recieved a text message, You look great, it said, we have to go out again soon.



Second Date:

about two weeks after our first, we had a second date. He took me to University Square a restaurant where we ran out on the check becuase we had the worst service ever. We proceeded to his house after, but that night though I stayed over, we had the most awkward time, no kiss, no touching nothing. I am left with nothing, he left for London on tour for two weeks, I do not hear from him.



Third date:

I text Detroit, to see if he is back in town, he is but he did not call. I make plans with him, he agrees, the day of the plans he cancels becuase of band practice. He then proceeds to text me that it is not going to work out, I am pissed but I stay cool, nothing.

Two days later who texts me? Detroit! "

What are you up to, I want to see you."

I am still pissed, but I toy with him for my own amusement. Why do you want to know?" I ask

"I am drinking alone."

"That is what happens when you act like an asshole" I type

"I want to see you"

He throws me for a loop, I fall, and at 12 am I go over to see Detroit.

He talks to me, he tells me how it takes time for him to open up and trust, he tells me about his parents, not loving him, he tells me that he was acting like an asshole (duh) when he broke it off, he was having a bad week.

We listen to music, I start to see another part of him, he smiles, and laughs, I had not seen that before. I am starting to fall again, he isn ot a bad boy, he is afraid of getting hurt. I can understand. We watch a movie, we move closer together, we kiss, we make out like two teenagers, we fall asleep. I wake up and he is gone, it is my and the dog. he comes back and makes me breakfast, we eat pancakes, bacon and eggs and wash the dos when we are done. We talk and act comfortable together. We have texted back and forth, but I have not seen him.



Pair Number two:

It is fleet week in the city, that means sailors galore! Me and my roommate decide to look hot and go out and support our troops. I am wearing the tiniest skirt ever. I lok good, I feel good, we go to a random bar on Amsterdam.



I am sitting on a stool and I see a guy, he looks like he is waiting on someone. I ask him, who he is waiting on, he acts like he doe snot want to answer, I continue drinking my BlueMoon and think nothing of it. He then begins out of nowhere to talk to me, we hit it off. he is from Paris, that is his nickname.

Paris is 23, he is a libra, just moved to the city two years ago. He is an actor, and a screen writer. I just noticed right now how attractive he is, tall, sexy, french accent. He is into me, we have a lovely conversation, he lives in Queens. I am having a lovely time Detroit is texting me, I want to ignore but he draws me in every time. I feel foolish, but I go into the bathroom and read his text. he just woke up, he wants to see me, I want to see him, I feel like a booty call.

I did not go see Detroit, he decided to go back to sleep, i am curious about him, i want to know why he is the way he is.



I decide to text Detroit, I want to get to the bottom of the situation, I am not going to sleep with him, I want to know if that is what he wants, I will send one text, and then I will send no more the rules will apply.

No comments: