6/6/07

Man vs Beast...

I was strolling through Central Park the other day with my roomie when I noticed a red robin, it was puffing its big red chest out, making a scene. My roommate mentioned something about it, and referred to it as a he.
"How do you know it is a he?" I ask (don't judge me, I forgot about this fact somewhere between elementary school and college)
"The man is the one with the red chest, he is the one looking for a mate, that is what real men should be doing." she said.

I began to think about nature, how the man is the first one noticed, the male lion for example, has the big mane and he roars the loudest. The female lion, or lioness (see I do know something about nature) looks plane, and when ticked off she hisses, but not to be confused she can kick ass, hell she is the one who hunts for food.
The peacock has the beautiful feathers, he parades around showing them off (the female is called peahen, lol peaCOCK)
The red robin male is the one with the huge red rack
The seahorse male gives birth
The Rooster has the looks, he wakes us up in the morning, has the red thing on his neck, and looks way better then the stupid chicken.

Where did the roles get reversed? I am not sure about any other country but in America it is definitely the women who are doing the mating dance (one word, strip club). We show off our racks, parade around in outfits like we have feathers, and the lions mane? Well remember Beyonce in destiny's child?...enough said. We think our hair is our personality. Think wigs and extensions.

It has not always been like this. The first wigs invented were meant for men, back in the day that is all the high courts wore. The first heels were around the same time... men wore them to look taller. The hat was worn to add length.. and to show masculinity, the size of the hat... the size of the penis... some things never change.

There was once a time when men courted women. Romeo and Juliet, he went out of his way to read her poetry from her balcony, yeah I know fiction, but the story had some truth. It is true the men and women try to look good for one another, but I think we as women should take a step back and let the men do their mating dance for us. Yeah I know you are thinking...
"but CanDace, you are the one looking for "true love" flirting with guys and so forth."
Do not remind me, I know, I will make sure I look my best at all time, but I am going to let the man dance.

But until then, lets think of this scenario...
In the perfect world every man would be walking around in their best get-up, blond wigs, Manolo Blahnicks (designed for men of course, 4" and not comfortable) and they would all be talking loudly and dancing in the streets. They would then walk up to a woman, we would be dressed in all black, completely modest, and do their best dance, Justin Timberlack would definitely have all the women. We would ignore them, they would keep dancing until some poor sap decided to take them home, and then after we used them up, we would eat them like the praying mantis.

No comments: