2/24/08

I have taken a lover...

As in the very famous show Sex and the City, I, like Carrie when embarked within a world wind relationship with the "Russian" aka Alexandre Patrovsky have taken a "lover"

Friday night I had my date with the Slav and after spending the whole day dreading going out with said 40 something we ended up having some kind of time...

Things started off awkward of course, we made lite conversation a laugh here and there, and then something happened and we started finding out a thing or two about one another. He found out about my job, my goals and living on the Upper East side with an annoying ass roommate.
I found out about him being exiled from his country.

Oh the people we meet in New York City...

After making sure I could not miss a beat when he told his side of the story, I realized, that like me, he was just a passionate person, he stood up for what he believed in, he had drive. All of those times, I've watched documentaries on TV about people standing up against forces, and after everything, being threatened, and the government plotting against them, they continue to fight. I always thought if I were in the same situation, without hesitating I would fight. After listening to him, you realize how much you actually gain and how much you loose, and honestly I still believe I would take such a chance.

Back to the date.. we were at a cozy wine seller near Bryant Park, sitting closely, face to face, talking, flirting, laughing, we kissed, we canoodled, we were like lovers, honestly, it was sexy and sensual at the same time, and it was at that moment that no one else in the room matters.

btw: This is usually acquired after more then your fair share of drinks...

We leave the lounge and head to get food, just walking until we find a place, we feed each other, laugh in our semi-drunken stooper and take in the date. We kiss across the table, we leave. We hold hands while he walks me to my train, we stop and kiss occasionally. Right then ladies and gentleman, is when I got a glimpse of that famous show and while we were holding hands, and he was keeping mine warm, he just reminded me of the "Russian" and it became irresistible.

Every now and then a girl has got to live out her fantasy, and right now I guess I am Carrie, this is obviously not for forever, but it can last as long as it would like.

No comments: