9/2/07

Wedding bells...the obnoxious sound is ringing in the neighborhood

The week before last my rootin tootin roomie got back from a two week vacay at a dude ranch. Though her trip was filled with horses, hummingbirds and dogs she returned with a horrendous stack of emails, and within the pile was something every girl dreads true proof that the ex has moved on...



Her ex is getting married, someone she spent 7 years with has found someone new and it did not even take him half the time to consider marrying her. My roommate had to spend 7 years going through all the bullshit and technically getting him inadvertently ready for his new wife-to-be. Hearing this news took me back to my mayday, where my ex gave me the exact same news via phone, with someone he had not even spent 6 months with, when I waisted two and a half years.



In both of these situations, the same scenario occurs, we do not want to be with our exes, they are both in tiny towns with smaller dreams then we ever had. We do not love them anymore, but deep down I believe that we secretly are pissed off that they moved on first, while we are left single in New York.

In relationships, when one person breaks up with another, the person who caused the most strife should be the loser, so in the end, the man (because he is usually the wrong party in the situation) should be single and unhappy, he should take forever to find someone new but in the end, the man seems to always win.

There are women everywhere looking for a man, waay more then men looking for women, so statistically speaking that is why the exes get married first, it's not us, it's pure numbers.

The other day while in Vegas, I decided to browse my Myspace page and what do I find, my ex has found me, and sent me a message, his profile pic... him and his new bride. Though i tried my darnedest, and know I am much better off without, I had to look, see if she was cuter then me, in my opinion she wasn't, and I am ashamed to say it felt good to know I looked better, and I felt in the moment I was better, I had him and I moved on, I have no idea what kind of person he is now, but I know what kind of person he was, and I am happy to move on.

So to all of you women who are ticked off because your ex boyfriend/husband/fiancee decided to finally have the balls and tell you that he moved on or is getting married, remember one thing, just because he found someone first does not mean that you will not find someone, just because he may be happy does not mean that you will not be, and as the saying goes "better him then me"

No comments: