7/16/07

OH Detroit...

Mr. Detroit sent me an email again, l8t night phone calls, this time it was to tellme it was his birthday, again I resisted temptation and DID NOT go over there, I did wish him a Happy Birthday though. In that moment, i realized I am over Mr. Detroit, it had been weeks since we last saw each other and/ or spoke, and I did not even think twice about going over there.

It was also then, the next day that I receieved an instant message from him..."Oh Ms. Johnson" m Is what it said, and though i was rather skeptical, he had me intrigued once again.

Not to blast all of my business on the world wide web, we both did something that I must admit we had never really done, we talked (well im'd) for at least three hours straight three days in a row, none of it was boring, none of it was awkward, and for the first time, me and Detroit, may have actaully made a connection. OF course my first fear was that he would eventually turn back into Mr. Hyde and become closed again, but he was consistent each day, and I thought maybe, just maybe a new him had emerged.

Here is a meer glance into our conversations...(Sensored of course)

When talking about him in relationships:
CJ: Maybe you are just not the relationship kind
D: NO I am, when I find the right person... I am not the marriage kind... yet
CJ: Well why do you think you have not found her....
D: Well once they find out I am crazy they run away
CJ: Maybe they think you loose interest?
D: Maybe they do not try hard enough, they should fight for me lol, I am a lover not a fighter...baby
CJ: Maybe they gt sick of fighting, and want someone to fight back
D: Well what do you want?
CJ: Reliability, trustworthiness... no drama
D: No drama? SOmetimes people have things they argue about
CJ: arguing and drama are two different things, drama is cheating, arguing is different.
D: True
CJ: What do you want?
D: Attention, someone fun, I want to feel good when I am with someone


When he is having a light bulb moment:
D: i noticed that you only live like 10 minutes away
CJ: yeah i know i am 2 stops
D: its great
CJ: yeah it is
D: and you give my dog baths
D what more could a guy ask for


When Talking about the idea of a relationship:
D: well i dont really know you...i wouldnt mind getting to know you...how about that?
CJ sounds good
D: thats the best i got
CJ thats what i wanted to know

Me and Detroit were supposed to hang Saturday and as fate would have it he got hit in the head by a 2by4 and was tooo injured to hang out. I must admit I was pissed, I thought maybe that block of wood knocked the old Detroit back into play and he wsa pushing me away again. After much obssession and acting like a straght up girl, I must admit, my roomie had to snap me back into place a couple of times. I then realized, what is my fear, he got hit in the head, why am i acting like this? So I became the bigger person, I apologized, I was being selfish. That is huge for me.
The next day... I recieved a message saying he was doing better and asking me to a movie. I had an amazing time, and to not go into too much detail, we laughed we talked, joked around and ... tht is all I am going to say, never the less, to stick with my plan, I am going straight home to read the "Manual" and do my best not to fuck it up... Cool Calm Collected. Two things to add, he is making dinner this week, and once to see me over the weekend...

No comments: